We all get to the point where we feel stuck. Completely out of control, even afraid to act because we think, “That’s not for me.” “I don’t have the time.” And so on and so on.
Today, we’re going to help you move beyond your limiting beliefs and start fundamentally changing your relationship with your career.
Typical Thoughts That Create Limiting Boundaries.
- I am just an overthinker.
- I am just not good at networking.
- I can’t think on my feet.
- I have never been good at difficult conversations.
- I don’t believe in connecting with someone I haven’t met.
- I don’t have time to maintain my network now.
- That’s just not me – (and then you don’t seek out a way that is you!)
- I don’t have time to do X, Y, or Z.
What Happens When You Push Beyond Your Self-Imposed Boundaries?
- You may begin speaking up in meetings, which could lead to a great stretch assignment
- You’re more likely to give constructive feedback
- You may reach beyond your immediate department to ask for help
- You’re more likely to “Toot your own horn”
- You’re more likely to engage in networking events, where you might find the person who can open the door to your top target list company
You are the only one who has the power to move past limiting beliefs about yourself and your career.